Apple Support and Repair
The pride that comes with being an Apple user comes paired with the inevitable hardship that manifests in the form of a question: what to do when in need of technical service? Buy a new machine? Drive hours to an Apple Store? In Ridgecrest, as an Apple user, what is one to do about services and maintenance? The issue has always been one of accessibility and availability. The days of little to no options have vanished since CONTRAST Technology Services opened its doors. Many of the essential tech needs that CONTRAST Technology Services can fulfill for PC machines are also available to Apple systems. From virus removals to hardware upgrades, CONTRAST is a solution to the Apple question.
An early lesson taught about the world around everyone is that everything that exists takes up space. Things and objects that can be touched and are accumulated in life have general means of storage: boxes, bags, cases, rooms, and facilities created specifically for remanding excess items. Modernity and the progression of technology have created fresh things to acquire, a new means of accumulation, and new options for storage. Despite the inability to touch data and information in a classic sense, it still exists, takes up space, and it requires storage. The space is not quantified by square footage, but in of megabytes and gigabytes. With new means of acquisition and storage, come fresh pitfalls, challenges, and dangers. The tragic possibility of a house catching fire is now paralleled by hard drive failure or a laptop being stolen. The space that once stored items has been compromised, and the items therein have been lost. There is no way to replace, in their exactness, things lost in a fire, but there is even less of a chance replacing photographs or personal document in a missing, stolen, or failed hard drive. This is where insurance comes in. Homes have coverage plans to guard against loss in the event of a fire. Data has CONTRAST. CONTRAST provides data loss prevention measures in the form of Off-Site Backups. Partnered with Carbonite, CONTRAST equips clients with cloud access to their data for 24-hour access, retrieval, and backing up. What if a storage unit containing family heirlooms, valuables, or antiques was constantly faced with the possibility to cease existing abruptly? That is the reality for data and information in today’s world. CONTRAST has the ways and means to protect client data.
There are many intangibles in life that we, as humans, cling to. The Information Age has ushered in an era where people are keeping cherished memories, personal information, and private documentation in a capricious realm of ones and zeroes. CONTRAST understands the value of peace of mind and can help clients map and implement a sound back-up routine. CONTRAST can eliminate the fear of a failed hard drive or the distress of a stolen laptop with various back-up solutions. CONTRAST Technology Services can aide in setting up an automatic data backup to make sure family photos, home movies, genealogy information, or important tax documents are never lost. CONTRAST can also recover seemingly lost data that has fallen victim to corrupt operating systems, hardware failures, software conflicts, or viral infections. Do not hesitate to call CONTRAST to schedule data retrieval or information backups.
Desktop Computer Repair Services
CONTRAST’s Desktop Computer Repair Services include but are not limited to the following types of repairs:
- Resolve overheating issues, including fan replacement and cleaning, thermal issues with processors, and air flow problems: Using state of the art equipment and methods, CONTRAST Techs can determine if a client’s computer is running at temperatures exceeding nominal. One of the primary enemies of a computer system is heat. Each desktop computer is opened up and inspected for physical factors that can potentially contribute. Dust is busted at no charge to the client. If it is discovered that a system is running too hot, further diagnostic steps are taken via software to decide solutions. A common heating fix is to apply a high-quality thermal compound to dissipate heat generated by the CPU. Ensuring that heat is properly managed will increase the lifespan of a computer.
- Motherboard capacitor replacement and soldering: A common issue encountered by CONTRAST Technicians is faulty capacitors located on the motherboard. Replacing a capacitor is much cheaper than replacing an entire motherboard. A standard computer capacitor is rated to function for thousands of hours at 105 degrees Celsius, but defective units fail much sooner. Our professional team of technicians can detect and replace failed capacitors. CONTRAST Technicians are mindful of the minutest details when engaged in repairs.
- Motherboard Replacement: There are times when a motherboard failure leaves a client with no other recourse except to replace it. Contrast can ensure a replacement motherboard is acquired in a cost and time effective manner, with special attention paid to proper compatibility
- Video issues caused by faulty motherboards, drivers, or video cards: The much-maligned Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) is usually the result of a damaged video card or an unstable video card driver. If a video card begins to heat up excessively or can cause strange artifacts or graphical anomalies to display, a blue screen error or an entire system shut down. CONTRAST stocks replacement video cards for most systems; such hardware issues can be resolved the same day.
- CPU replacement and upgrades: Often referred to as the “brain” of a computer system, the Central Processing Unit (CPU) is an important component of a machine. This part is tasked with most of the number crunching that occurs in your system. An outdated processor will be chiefly responsible for sluggish performance. Contact CONTRAST Technology Services today about CPU upgrading. CONTRAST stocks functional, used CPUs or can order clients new a CPU, typically, within 2 or 3 business days.
- Memory errors and upgrades: A RAM module failure makes itself known with random crashing, blue screen errors, or even prevention of booting up entirely. As with most components, CONTRAST has diagnostic tools designed to test RAM modules. CONTRAST carries a wide selection of RAM to accommodate clients in need of replacements. Memory upgrades are a great way to improve your computer’s performance. When a computer runs out of RAM, also referred to as virtual memory, the system begins to encroach on the hard drive’s available memory. This infringement upon resources results in slower performance. This event is indicated by the system alert “virtual memory running low.” CONTRAST can help remedy this problem. Recommended RAM minimums Windows Operating Systems: 1GB for Windows XP, 2GB Windows Vista and Windows 7 32 bit, and a 3GB minimum for Vista/7 64 bit for proper performance. CONTRAST does not charge labor for installation of RAM modules.
- DVD/CD Drive replacement: CONTRAST carries new and used DVD Burners/Drives for replacement in client’s desktop and laptop computers. The inability to burn CDs or DVDs may be the result of a damaged drive or a lack of support for such a function; CONTRAST can provide solutions in either case. Contact CONTRAST today for current prices and availability of a selection of CD/DVD burners.
- Power switch and power supply repair or replacement: Power supplies are a component that is often taken for granted. When the power button is pressed, a computer is expected to turn on. Sometimes, a power button is pressed, and nothing happens. In those times, a bad power supply could be the culprit and CONTRAST is there to restore that power. CONTRAST carries a variety of power supplies that are compatible with most computer systems. Power supply replacements present no significant challenge to CONTRAST techs and can often be performed the same day.
- Hard drive repair and replacement: A failing hard drive (bad sectors, S.M.A.R.T. errors, and warnings) is a problem that should not be ignored; it is best to bring it to professionals to have your data recovered immediately. If CONTRAST Techs suspect imminent hard drive failure, data is backed up immediately and discreetly. Following a data backup, techs attempt to pinpoint the failure. A hard drive might not completely fail right away, and functioning may still continue, but it is recommended that the hard drive is replaced when signs of failure are present. CONTRAST has cloning measures to migrate data and programs to a new drive. The only way a client is aware they possess a new drive is the presence of more space and the elimination of failures. CONTRAST stocks high-quality hard drives backed by a 3 to 5-year warranty.
Laptop Computer Repair Services
Our Laptop Repair services include but are not limited to the following:
- Inexplicable Shutdowns
- Power Jack Repair and Battery Charging Problems
- Charger diagnostics and replacement
- Motherboard Replacement
- LCD Screen Replacement or Repair (cracked screen, dim screen, or scrambled video)
- Backlight Inverter Replacement
- Keyboard and Touchpad Replacement/Repair
- Top cover, Bottom Cover, and LCD Bezel replacements
- Screen Hinge Repair (screen not staying in place, flops over, or has separated from the laptop)
- Hard Drive Diagnostics/Replacement
- Data Recovery
- Video Card replacement
- CPU Replacement/Upgrades
- Memory Diagnostics, Replacements, Upgrades
- Network Card / Wireless Card repairs, Replacement, Upgrades
- Speaker or Sound Diagnostic/Repair
- Stability Issues Caused by Hibernation
Network security is the process of preventing and detecting unauthorized use of a network or computer. “Prevention” helps stop unauthorized users from accessing any part of the network or computer system. “Detection” helps determine whether or not someone attempted to break into a system if they were successful, and what they may have done.
Why should you care about network security? Computers are used for everything from banking and investing, to shopping and communicating with others. Although you may not think your communication is “top secret,” you probably do not want strangers reading your email, using your computer to attack other systems, sending forged email from your computer, or seeing personal information stored on your computer.
With our network management, you will never have to worry about the security of your home office or business network. Our network security programs and devices can identify and pinpoint attacks and stop them from interrupting workflow.
Our Network and System Assessment Process includes:
- Determining the magnitude of security threats and finding any existing vulnerabilities.
- Scanning your entire network for hidden threats.
- Checking the capabilities of your current security measures.
- Creation of a comprehensive threat report with suitable recommendations.
Firewall is the First Defense
Our Security specialists can recommend a wide range of secure firewall systems that are affordable and powerful.Security options such as anti-virus protection, anti-spyware, and content blocking allow you to control what goes in and out of your system. No matter how big or small the business, we can create a plan that is right for you.
While setting up your firewall, our experienced professionals will:
- Analyze your network usage to determine the best protection plan for you.
- Configure, monitor, and maintain your firewall.
- Provide periodic reports of attempted security breaches and firewall activity.
- Automatically upgrade your firewall system when updates are released.
Wireless security is the prevention of unauthorized access or damage to computers or data using wireless networks. The most common types of wireless security are Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) and Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA). WEP is a notoriously weak security standard as the password it uses can often be cracked in a few minutes with a basic laptop computer and widely available software tools. WPA was a quick alternative to improve security over WEP. The current standard is WPA2, and Security researchers have discovered a major vulnerability in Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 (WPA2). Wi-Fi users should immediately update their Wi-Fi-enabled devices as soon as a software update is made available. Wi-Fi enabled devices are anything that connects to the Internet — from laptops, tablets, and smartphones to other smart devices such as wearables and home appliances. We are happy to help answer any questions or concerns.
Virus and Malware Removal
Has your computer been hijacked by viruses or malware infections? Is your computer running slower than usual, booting all by itself, or locking up frequently? No matter what kind of computer you have, you always need an updated Anti-Virus protection program installed on your computer if it is ever connected to the internet. Anti-Virus programs help to keep your computer clean of viruses and malware and prevent you from accidentally passing infected files to your family and friends when you send e-mails or share files. But hey, who always has themselves covered? At CONTRAST Technology Services we boast a high success rate with the removal of viruses by giving your system a complete clean.
If you would like help choosing or installing an antivirus software for your computer, or removing an existing virus, Contact Us today.
139 Balsam St Ste 1000 Ridgecrest Ca, 93555 Feel free to stop by and meet the team.